Monday, July 12, 2010

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/ Meh

the girl with the dragon tattoo Pictures, Images and Photos

My friend Wapoy voluntarily lent me a book titled "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson. I won't talk about the plot because it's just way too awesome. If I spoil it for readers who are interested in reading this international bestselling, crime fiction- they shall smite my blog. Well, theoretically that might happen.

For true bookworms out there who want a refreshing read from mind-numbing books like Twilight (comment on that, I dare you) and want something more intellectual, filled with conspiracy theories, social plus moral issues with a journalistic approach, with a dash of suspense and a bite of personal dillemas- "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" is what you need to read.

books Pictures, Images and Photos

It took me a few chapters to remember the role of different characters in the novel, but before I knew it I was thick in the plot of the story. Started reading around 6pm yesterday and couldn't put the book down until roughly 2am.

I had to put the book down and get some sleep only after somebody took the liberty of switching off the lights in the room.

At 6-ish am today, I picked up where I left off and chewed what's left of my nails from the dead-ends, suspense, psychological manipulation, hacking technology, thrilling investigative leads and the exposure of political/financial corruption.

When I read a good book, someone has to use a crowbar to pry the book out of my hands just so I'd have a bite to eat at mealtimes. Once in awhile I gasp out loud. Or someone would find me in a verge of tears while reading. If you're lucky, I'd laugh like a maniac. And I get grumpy when I have to leave the book to do an errand.

I shall be returning the book to Wapoy soon. Lovely read.


******************************


My mom remarked that JJ will be having his birthday at October.
Meh.
Even if he invites us, we're not fond of him and we really haven't established any platonic relationship that means we're friends. I'm sure he has his, um, good points but... NO.

I told my sister I'd rather get drunk first.

And I hate alcohol.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you loved the book and damn, you read so fast... @.@

    ReplyDelete

Spam and hate comments will not be tolerated.