Thursday, August 16, 2012

Step Up Revolution

        I love dance movies. And so far, the Step Up franchise haven't disappointed me. Other dance movies like "Street Dance" need to sit in a corner. Ok, granted I actually still have to watch the first Step Up movie but my point is, I will always prefer to watch dance movies in movie theaters because you get to see each dance move so perfectly and the emotions that go with is just sal;HDFKHFsiuhAASEJKTHAJGHFD.



  So yes, today I went on a date with myself and caught the soonest next showing of Step Up Revolution. When I got to the ticket booth, I only had 5 minutes to spare to buy food and drinks before going in the theater. OK, Step Up Revolution got lazy in terms of scriptwriting but OMG THE DANCES. Before I fangirl, I want to go back and refresh on the final dances of each Step Up movie.



The first Step Up movie was about appreciation of all dances, whether it be ballet, contemporary, or hip-hop. It's about the concept of dancing itself, to be able to express yourself through movement.



Step Up 2 focused more on battles. Dance battles were often a way to settle disputes in a non-violent manner. Also, ADAM SEVANIIIIIII!! ♥ In this scene, he's the one with the red cap with the Michael Jackson vibes going on.





Step Up 3 crosses boundaries, and battles go on a global scale, and emphasizes technology as a dance medium. Gotta love the robot guy. Also, Adam Sevaniiiiii. XD He's a goofball who can dance and a total spotlight stealer when he starts to move.



This sneak preview of the Step Up revolution final dance doesn't even do it justice (trust me, it's much longer and more mind-blowing). Adam Sevani only appears at the final dance (yes, he's the one with the cap and spittin' out sand coz he's friggin' badass that way) and Robot guy is also there. Swoon. This movie pushes dancing out of performance art into protest art. It's about dancing for a cause. Channing Tatum takes the cake for being able to balance acting and dancing, but Step Up Revolution makes up the lack of acting by successfully combining dance with visual art, giving different and meaningful themes in each dance scene, and giving contemporary dance the attention it deserves.



       I swear, there was one scene where I cried when the female love interest attempts to turn what was originally a duet piece into a solo piece for her audition after she felt betrayed by the main character. IDEK guys. I particularly loved it when they flash mobbed an art museum and a five-star restaurant. It's all so friggin' beautiful. FEELINGS BECAUSE DANCE IS SO BEAUTIFUL WHEN U DO IT RIGHT.

Me dancing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and hate comments will not be tolerated.