Friday, September 21, 2012

ACEO update

 For the past few days I've been furiously snipping away at old magazines and combining pictures together for my first set of ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions and Originals).


 I wanted my cards to be a little more sturdy than paper so I bought a folder from National Bookstore and made my cards practically from scratch.

What my workplace looks like the whole time.

 I make collages through gut feel. There isn't really any specific theme in mind when I start out. The process sort of happens with a mix of winging it and free-association of images and words. When a combination of images looks and feels right, I go with that. Otherwise, I keep looking for more old magazines to victimize.

Here are two samples of my work.




Will post the rest of my ACEOs at another time. I just arrived in Manila from the province and I'm out of energy to get all my ACEOs out and scan them for better viewing quality. It's good to be back in the city!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! We must meet soon! :D :D :D PLEASE. I have an idea to pitch to you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL OKAY. :D This idea of yours sounds exciting already. :D

      Delete

Spam and hate comments will not be tolerated.