Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tagged: My Life's OST

 I is tagged by the adorbs Wina who was tagged by Jun.  Well, I got free time to kill. So I'm afraid my life OST is mainly composed of mainstream stuff but WHATEVER. I am just going to follow the format that Wina composed in her own blog post.

1.Opening Song- "Beautiful Day" by India Arie.
I love India Arie's songs because they're mostly about loving yourself, appreciating and loving others, getting in touch with what's important, and they're all quite positive and spiritual without being preachy or cliche'. I suppose her songs appeal to my hippie, nature-loving side. Her songs are upbeat and gets me through the morning.



"Life is a journey, not a destination
There are no mistakes, just chances we've taken
Lay down your regrets
Coz all we have is now."

2. The Contemplative Song- "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles
 This song has a haunting quality to it that I never get tired hearing it.
   This song for some reason always makes me stop on my tracks and just listen to it. Sara Bareilles is wonderful with using lyrics and emotion to weave an intricate picture of the pain that comes with nostalgia when you try to move on from a relationship. It doesn't bash the person you broke up with- this song looks at the struggle of looking back and trying not to get too caught up in the past because you know it's not good for you. Yet somehow, "something always brings me back to you, it never takes too long."



"You loved me coz I'm fragile,
when I thought that I was strong
But you touched me for a little while
And all that fragile strength is gone."



I will forever love how they used contemporary dance and this song to convey the emotional aspect of "addiction" in general. It's perfection how you can see and feel the pain of the female dancer. GUH THIS MAKES ME TEAR UP UNTIL NOW


3.The Unrequited Love Song- "Just My Imagination" by Babyface ft. Gwyneth Paltrow
  Whether you believe in the concept of unrequited love or not, I think at one point in our lives we have felt this restless pining for someone who you believe should be yours and that person either is a.)taken, b.)doesn't know you exist or c.)will just never feel the same way. I think this song captures just that feeling.



"Each day through my window I watch him as he passes by,
I say to myself 'I'm so lucky he's so fly'
To have a boy like him is truly a dream come true
Out of all the girlies in the world,
He belongs to you."


4.Love Song- "Perfectly Different" by Karina Pasian




"Coz I'm alright when I'm with you
Don't have to change when I'm with you
We're both unusually, both undeniably,
We're just perfectly different."

5.Dancing while no one is looking song- "Run The World" by Beyonce
 Love the bass and tribal drum thing going on. Love the beat and rhythm. And you could do a lot of choreography with this song. :D



"Ladies, our revolution has begun!"

This song never fails to give me chills up and down my spine. I love how she combined special effects in her performance GRAH FEELS. You can tell that the other music artists present in this performance are just in total awe. I just have so much respect for Beyonce for her passion for music and performing.

 Guys, I can guarantee you that watching Beyonce's live performances is the only way to appreciate her music and her talent. I get blown away by her attitude and charisma and the fact she can sing while dancing in heels. I can understand why Karla looks up to her as a performer.



6.Emo song- "Big White Room" by Jessie J

 This song captures the plight of being alone, broken, with bouts of uncertainty, and longing to break free from where you are.
    Jessie J wrote this when she had a stroke at a very young age (at least that's what I remember, correct me if I'm wrong.)



When I'm quite about to lose it with my bouts of loneliness or on the verge of insanity coz of stress and pressure, this song helps me acknowledge my feelings and eventually let it just go through me.


7.Driving song- "Abracadabra" by Jessie J
  This song immediately perks me up and it's quite the feel-good song. It's about having a good time mostly, even if it's technically a love song. If I do start driving, this will be on replay along with other Jessie J songs.
JESSIE J WHEN R U GONNA PERFORM IN THE PHILIPPINES



"You got my heart unlocked
It's so unreal you know
Don't want this to stop
You're so damn keep-able
Feel your magic touch
It's unbelievable
I gotta have ya
Like abracadabra!"

OK so this is all I can come up for now. I have to get some sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha :) This is awesome! :) And I dunno, I'm a pretty hooj fan of a lot of mainstream artists too so it's cool, it's cool. And surprisingly, I don't know a lot of these songs. Can't wait to listen to these! I shall recomment once I have. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me, apologising for having a mainstream list?

    This list is beautiful. I will comment again after I've listened to all these songs, I'm actually in a hurry right now lols what doing with life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm sorry guise but I get really conscious with my own playlist hahahaha. XD

      Delete
  3. Guuuuuhhhh you hit me in the feels, Joelle.

    I died at Gravity akfjdhsafhsdfsdf. Beyonce feels. And Abracadabra was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhh, you're welcome? Trololol. XD I'm glad you liked it! And yes, Beyonce feeeeeels. That's just one of her many spectacular performances.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I SHOULD be welcome wat am I saying. I indeed enjoyed myself, thank you very much. Feeeeeeeeelllllssssssssssss.

      Delete

Spam and hate comments will not be tolerated.