Tuesday, March 5, 2013

That Went Well-ish.

 Today, I went to Newport Mall at Resorts World to audition for the Cinderella broadway musical. Ram told me a few days ago that he and Ms Jeanne (mah awesome voice coach) were going to audition so I thought, why not? Besides, it was the last day.

 So yesterday was the only time we really got to listen to the song selections and practice them. I looked at the characters that they wanted for the play. And maybe I could start small and just be part of the ensemble but I gravitated toward the role of the stepsisters because a.) I don't really feel like I'm a Cinderella character because  I can't relate to her (and not exactly an ideal symbol of female empowerment haha omg feminist feels please stop) and b.) I love one of the songs of the stepsisters entitled "Stepsisters' Lament" which is a song I think most real girls can relate to. I find it hilarious because omg it's true. You can say that the stepsisters are just being jealous brats but they do make a good point.

"Oh oh why would a fellow want a girl like her
A girl who's merely lovely?
Why can't a fellow ever once prefer
A girl who's merely me?"




OMG can I play the skinny stepsister please.

So this morning, we woke up really early because registration was 8am and Resorts World was way down at the south. We were one of the first few people there so come audition time, we were in the first batch. And zomg the Newport theater is just a lovely, intimate place. Not too small, not too humongous. And omg the seats were really comfortable but too bad we didn't sit down too long.

I bumbled my lyrics especially in the first few lines but for some reason the judges let me finish the whole song( which I hear is a good sign lol). One of the lyrics should've: She's a frothy little bubble but I said she's a frothy little butter. OK don't judge me but when I think of Cinderella, she's more of butter than bubble.

And here's a high school production of Cinderella for the stepsisters' part for the same song. It's pretty cool.



Callbacks won't be until March 18, so I've got my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. She IS a frothy little bubble/butter, Cinderella is one of the most boring Disney princesses evaaar :)) doesn't come close to feisty Jasmine, adventurous Ariel or empowered Tiana. (I just described them in an odd way, whut) Good luck! I hope you get called back :)

    P.S. I miss thee it's not even funnyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shmenks!! Belated happy birthday btw! :D HAHAHAHA BUTTER. You shoulda been there. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because you didn't greet me on the day itself, I hold you to a ransom!! (aka your company) hahaha! XD This summer pretty pleasums, we need to hang out soonest :(

      Delete

Spam and hate comments will not be tolerated.