Sunday, August 11, 2013

Notes From My Personal Life #34: Painted Perspective

  Decided it was time to give my blog a makeover.  For the past few weeks, whenever I logged in and looked at my former blog design, it dawned on me that a lot of things have changed in my life; I'm not the same person I was when The Meraki Life (former blog name) started out. It was a rather odd realization.

I've simplified things, updated some links, and edited some pages.  It feels nice to carve out my little space in the interwebs again.


********

Solenn living the high life.

Here is a picture of one of our cats. Just because.


*******

I think I'm having a bit of a creative dry spell. I've been struggling with ideas lately for painting. Also, I'm in dire need of more canvas frames.

Here are recent paintings.



"Dragonfly", oil on canvas, 8"x10"
 It's nice to take a break from bigger canvases.  My friend Lorri pointed out my preference for winged subjects, even when I'm not working on my angel series.  It was quite a fascinating observation because I barely noticed it.

Apart from winged creatures, flowers are my next favorite painting subjects.

"Bloom", oil on canvas, 8"x10"

Detail

*******

  I realized I'm due for another Booksale haul since I've read all these from my last one. Booksale, where would I be without you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and hate comments will not be tolerated.